I have designed and taught a wide range of undergraduate modules, as well as setting up a ‘virtual exchange’ with Prof Tammy Gordon’s students, first at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, and now at North Carolina State University:
- Multicultural Britain
- History, Heritage and Society
- Introduction to History
- Introduction to Public History
- History and Heritage in Practice
- Community History Project (student teams working for an external client)
- Unquiet Pasts: Controversies of Twentieth-Century Britain
- Public History in International Perspective
- Thinking with History
- The Third Reich
- Hitler’s War
- Work placement
I supervise a wide range of dissertation topics at BA and MA level, as well as PhD students, in modern British history, public history and politics.
At Hertfordshire, I developed a new, interdisciplinary research programme, the Professional Doctorate in Heritage (DHeritage), delivered by blended learning.